…or the day on which I’m trying to juggle between my literary translation work and office chores, document translation, outsourcing and wrapping up the week’s pending matters.
Meanwhile everyone else has gone shopping and pops up at my office for a quick hello (I love that most of the time!), I am daydreaming of the beach (tomorrow!!!! – if it’s not raining) and the gorgeous scenery of The Great Gatsby which I saw yesterday with my friend.
What I find helpful in days like this, when my mind wanders all over the place is to write down a list with to-do’s and then slowly and methodically (ha!) cross them out as I finish.
I’m sharing the recipe with you:
Strawberry watermelon cocktail
Beat the heat with a tall glass of strawberries, watermelon and rum. Vodka and bourbon work well with this recipe, and it’s also great virgin.
- 2 cups watermelon, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup strawberries, diced
- 1 cup coconut water
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1 cup ice
- 2 to 4 shots of white rum
- In a blender combine watermelon, strawberries, coconut water, agave nectar and lime juice and pulse until smooth.
- Add one cup of ice to the blender and pulse until the ice is crushed.
- Divide between four glasses. You can optionally add one shot of rum or vodka to each glass.
- Serve immediately with a straw and garnish with strawberry slices or citrus wedges.
(And now I will google alternatives to coconut water and agave nectar which I do not know where to buy – any ideas?)